Margate Cottage Boutique B&B is in a very beautiful and conveniently located for all Hobart, Bruny Island and Huon Valley tourist attractions.
WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF MARGATE COTTAGE
- Inverwave Native Gardens – Admire Tasmania’s largest landscaped native garden
- Margate Train– Tasmania’s last passenger train has its carriages of fun to browse – Antiques and collectables; Books; Barber; Gifts; Lollie Shop; Pancake Restaurant; Seafood Sales etc.
- Australian Antartic Division– Experience Antarctica – the visitor’s centre has interactive displays, historical items and stunning images from Antarctica
- Nadroya Vineyard– Wine tastings, cellar door sales and wonderful views
- Channel Heritage Museum– Focusing on past industry, community and families in the area also has an extensive collection of local historical artifacts
WITHIN 15 TO 20 MINUTES FROM MARGATE COTTAGE
- Bruny Island Cruise– Experience a thrilling, 3 hour award winning eco-cruise
- Salamanca Market– Australia’s best outdoor market, every Saturday
- Mt. Wellington– A network of walking tracks and very impressive views
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens– Peter Cundall’s vegie patch and a rich diversity of flora
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery– Tasmanian history displays plus colonial, contemporary and Aboriginal Art
- Cascade Brewery– Australia’s oldest brewery, tours, visitor centre and heritage gardens
OTHER INTERESTING SITES IN THE AREA
On route to Richmond Historic Georgian Village or Australia’s Premier Convict Site Port Arthur, you may like to visit Bonorong Wildlife Park, where there is a strong commitment to the conservation of Tasmanian native wildlife species. If The Styx Valley, home to some of the tallest hardwood trees on earth, is on your agenda you can take a break along the way at the beautiful Mt Field National Park’s Russell Falls.
Another interesting spot is The Hastings Caves State Reserve, which offers visitors a variety of experiences, from relaxing in the warm waters of a thermal springs pool, walking in the rich forests of the reserve and, of course, the unique experience of exploring Newdegate Cave.
Tahune Airwalk is a beautiful reserve on the banks of the mighty Huon River, now home of the popular Forest AirWalk, swinging bridges and visitor centre.
A ‘must – do’ when in Hobart is to visit MONA….David Walsh’s striking Museum of Old & New Art at Moorilla Winery.
Margate Cottage Boutique B&B is in the best central location to all these tourist attractions and many more.
We offer affordable accommodation rates and for your convenience we provide an Online Check Availability & Accommodation Bookings service.
Feel free to contact us for more information about Southern Tasmania attractions and Hobart attractions.